12/17/2009

To triage and home again


Funny how I just got done saying that being "home" is wonderful. It still is, but now I'm afraid it might bring a wax and wane of my affections. Unless my situation changes I will be here on the couch or in a hospital bed indefinitely. The Lord knows all about the future and will give us grace as it comes.

I spent 3 days and 4 nights in the hospital to get my symptoms under control. Basically my placenta is not right. The docs can't give me a diagnosis at the moment because the u/s shows so much bleeding in it. They have given me a run down of the worst and also assurance that everything might turn out fine. It's a waiting and resting game. And trying to let my mind not dwell on the worst.

This little girl will likely come early, but our prayers are not too early. I'm now 20 weeks, so if I can make it another 5, that would be good.

We are again humbled by the prayers and concern of so many. The availability and servant's heart of people literally on our doorstep. And at how good my mom's oatmeal and icy orange juice taste. And how my sister came back to our crazy pad to scrub our dishes and homeschool the rug-rats. And how my new friend dropped of a care package last night.
I want to write you all a "merci beaucoup"!


We have 2 weeks of help and meals set up. The kids are not suffering much after time at g'parents and best friends they even had "Miss Laila" make gingerbread men with them yesterday. At the same time, they are a little frustrated with lots of chores and seeing mommy extra lazy. Leyla just walked in from gymnastics telling me it was "parents day" and then burst out crying. Poor baby. It's a growing time for them, too.



We know this is all just for a time and are so thankful that the baby and I are fine and healthy. I am so blessed to have a super-capable husband who remains strong and faithful to the Lord. And that is our prayer, that our faith will not be swayed. That we will take this as an opportunity to know Him better and grasp every good thing that He has for us - no matter what the outcome. He knows it all and it's not what we want, but what He wants. It's a good place to be, weak and grappling for help.

"Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup and have made my lot secure" Ps. 16:5

My portion is rest and trust.

"I know no greater simplifier for life. Whatever happens is assigned. Does the intellect balk at that? Can we say that there are things that happen to us which do not belong to our lovingly assigned 'portion'? ('This belongs to it, and that does not')? Are some things, then, out of the control of the Almighty? Every assignment is measured and controlled for my eternal good." Elisabeth Elliot

9 comments:

Anne said...

Jenica- The Lord is so good. I will be praying for your peace and rest through this. What a joy to know the Lord holds each of this and your precious little girl...

Anne DeGroff Daniel

Kelly said...

Praying that the Lord will give you a restful heart during this time and that He will protect you and your sweet baby girl! Praying for you...

April Nienhuis said...

Praying for you and the baby.

Hannah said...

Jenica, the Lord has given you such a godly heart! Praying for you all, may you have continued grace and assurance.

Shawna said...

We've been praying and will continue - you guys are never far from our mind and hearts.

Sara said...

We pray for you every night. Sadie never forgets you and your baby girl at bedtime prayers.
Your quotes were very encouraging to me! What a good reminder that God is in control and nothing is out of his hands.

~ Rory ~ said...

Hi Jenica! We are praying! Thank you for your update on how you all are doing. We will continue steadfastly for you all. God is loving you and carrying you and I pray that He will give you a very special glimpse of Himself each day!

Anonymous said...

Jenica,
Praying for you and your family right now. Rest in Him.
Phyllis Nienhuis

Unknown said...

i am SO glad you and baby are ok for the time being. I have been anxiously waiting for news.
I hope this time goes by quickly for you on that couch, sometimes winter just makes you want to snuggle in on the couch for a good rest with books and such.
your kids are so wonderful, i know they are eager to help mom and baby.
praying she stays put for a while!