12/31/2009

More Details

Well, I'm back in the hospital at 22 weeks pregnant. Our heads our swirling a bit. One minute we feel hopeful and at peace. The next, we fight worry and fear.

Medical facts
  • I am at risk for my placenta tearing away which would be fatal to the baby at this point.
  • I could bleed to much and need a transfusion or worse.
  • I am on the edge of preterm labor, right now at bay with use of 2 meds.
  • I will most likely have a emergency c-sec, high risk delivery and preemie baby.
  • Docs say they cannot save the baby before 24 weeks.
  • Of course, there is a whole new set of dangers and decisions that come with a pre-term/undeveloped baby.
  • I will possibly leave the hospital tomorrow until I have another "incident" and most likely be back in 2 weeks for the rest of my pregnancy since at that point the baby is viable and needs to be at in quick proximity to medical help.

These are some of the worries, not to sound dooms day, but to just give you more of idea of what's going on. We also know that the outcome can be more positive than these risks. They are calling my condition a placental abruption with possible accreta. However, yesterday's ultrasound showed I have a good portion of my placenta intact and baby is not affected.

Practical Facts
  • The kids are staying at my parents right now - 1 hour from us. We are so thankful for a secure place for them.
  • We may need to make longer terms decisions about their schooling, activity involvement, keeping them near us, their friends, and their church...
  • We are getting meals from our church family.
  • Our church family is at our beck and call. Not to mention, co-workers, neighbors, and town friends.
  • Andy is trying to stay on top of work, house, kid arrangements, me, putting down flooring and just emotional stress.
  • We love visitors! Either at the hospital or home.

 I don't want to have a blog pity party or make things bigger than they are. But so many have asked for more details and I am giving them for prayer's sake. Thank you SO much for those prayers! We love you all!

Side Notes

I wish I had my camera here to share my lovely hospital habitat. Ha! Or at least my beautiful flowers.
I'm actually really busy here!
You know, blogging, reading Francine Rivers, working on photo books for 3 kiddos, transferring this blog into a hard copy book, phone calls, eating, soaking up the Word, visitors, watching HGTV, hanging out with my love, and of course be poked and prodded by nurses.
Don't feel sorry for me!

20 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing, Jenica! Praying for you and sweet baby...as well as wisdom for you, andy and the physicians and nurses who care for you!

Marcie said...

Oh Jenica, I am praying continually for you and the baby. I just know how stressful the unknown is. I am so thankful that our God is sovereign and has created this little girl for a purpose. Praying for peace and comfort as you get through each day. Love you!

Rachel said...

Jenica, thanks for the update! I have been praying for you all every day...I just cannot imagine how stressful this all must be! Just all the waiting, not knowing what is going to happen, and the minor details of life that still have to be attended to. And yet our Lord is very near, and knows the outcome already. I'm so glad for this. Your precious daughter is held in His hands. I am praying for His peace about it all.

Please do keep us posted - we love you and will continue to pray.

On another note, good for you, for printing your blog! What website are you using? I've been thinking about starting that process...

Kim & Dave said...

Thank-you for posting, Jenica. I think you could now officially add me to you list of "blog stalkers!" since I will be cheking back daily for updates Ha! (A bit of humor to hopefully bring you a smile!)

But, seriously, we are praying fervently for your family & that precious baby girl.

Much love from Colorado-& we will spread the word to be praying!

bandanachick said...

Thanks so much for the update Jenica. We are praying for you daily too, and that precious little girl you are carrying.
Much love to you all.

Jenna M said...

I am praying for you and your family right now Jenica...for joy and peace only found in our Lord Jesus.

fouros said...

I'm not feeling sorry for you girl! :-) Please know that we are among the countless families praying for you.

On Second Street said...

praying for you and your family Jenica.

HopiQ said...

Thank you so much for sharing more of what's going on. You have been on my mind (and in my prayers) often every single day. I'm so thankful to know the Lord is sustaining you and providing the help you need during this time. May He continue to give you peace, patience, and strength each day.

I love you!

April Nienhuis said...

Praying for you and the baby and your family.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!the baby, your husband, family and the doctors taking care of you.

Michelle said...

We are praying for ya'll!

Analisa R Haberman said...

Jenica,
I have been following along peripherally through Meme and Joel.
I am hopeful as I read your progress reports. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.
Analisa Reveiz Haberman

Jeni said...

Jenica- I know that we don't know each other personally, but Greg and Andy go way back. We have been and will continue to pray for you daily. Thank you for keeping us all posted on your progress.

Eryn said...

Jenica, praying for you and baby girl today...wisdom for the dr's and peace for you and andy.

Rachel C said...

Have had and will continue to keep you in our prayers as well..

Grace Powell said...

Thanks for the details. I'm continuing to pray fervently for you. On a practical note, a friend's granddaughter recently had premature twins at 20 weeks both born under a pound. One of them survived the birth and seems to be thriving at a specialty hospital in St. Louis (now 6 months and almost ready to go home!). You might try to investigate this as I know different experts and facilities can make a huge difference.

Anna Erb said...

Oh Jenica, your family is in my prayers right now with the loss of little Daisy Lou. It is a comfort knowing that the Lord's loving hand has been involved throughout this whole process of waiting and trusting Him with the purpose of this little girl. I'm thankful Daisy is with Him forever.

I pray that you are comforted with the peace of God that passes all understanding (Phil 4:7), the presence of His everlasting love (Is 54:10), knowing that as you pass through these "waters" He is there to carry you (Is 43:2-3a), and that the Lord is glorified (Is 61:3).

"There is none like God... who rides through the heavens to your help, through the skies in His majesty. The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the [His] everlasting arms." (Deut 33:26-27)

I love you!

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Hi Jenica! Praying for you and Andy today, and especially for your children as they deal with being concerned for you and their tiny baby sibling and all this upheaval in their world. Glad to hear that you and family are being so well cared for and this very trying time is not as bad as it could be!

"But You, O Lord are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the Lord with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill. I lay down and slept. I awoke, for the Lord sustains me." Psalms 3:3-5

This is one of my favorite Psalms as a mother. Kinds weird since David wrote it while fleeing his son, but still. I LOVE the picture of our God, "the One who lifts up my head" when I don't have the strength. He doesn't demand that I buck up and pull myself through, He gently helps me see His loving face, He listens to my cries, He gives me rest.

I'm so glad that He is the shield for your family during this time!

Robin said...

Praying for you, Jenica!