12/10/2009

Home

After an 8 day Thanksgiving trip and last week being one of the busiest weeks in a long time - school activities, holiday engagements, church opportunities, work requirements...
This week is perfectly boring.
Everything has been canceled and we are stuck at home, save a trip to Target, Buffalo Wild Wings and the library. Glorious.


Smoke from the chimney = a toasty warm home where we are doing a bit of this and that.



 With the curtains open at night, of course.


 
Teaching him how to knit - much to his father's hesitation.



But it was making these scary monsters that inspired him, so it's ok, right?



Munchkins gobbling up homemade lunchables (thanks for the idea Shawna).



She's learning to knit, too.



 Stumbling out of bed after them and finding them like this, they are angels in my eyes.



Hearing the snow blower chugging at 5:30 a.m. for 3 mornings in a row, my husband in angel, too.



 Late night family tromping through the neighborhood.
Reading Family Under the Bridge and thankful that we are blessed with four walls.
This is what happens when it's single digits with 16 in. of snow.



And heard around here:
Me: "oh buddy, did you bonk your head?!"
Cade (mad & crying): "no, I bonked by brain."

Leyla (all holy-like) to Chlo: "did you know that you are to be quick to listen and slow to speak?"
Chlo (annoyed): "No I didn't! Hmmph. So, that's why they take so long in church."



3 comments:

On Second Street said...

how cozy you all are! I love the knitting. My husband would react the same way.

Michelle said...

How fun! your house looks so cute in all the snow:) btw...will you email me your address? thanks! its heller.michelle@gmail.com

On Second Street said...

Jenica- I hope you are doing okay - you are in my prayers. If i lived closer I would pop in and make you some dinner.