11/18/2009

Changes


 The leaves have changed and fallen to the ground here. Come and gone. A little bit of change reminds me of a bigger change in our home. My sister,  Jill, who has lived with us the past year has now moved on. It is a good thing, but we will miss a good thing, too. As Cade stated to his buddy, "I have a dad, a mom, 2 sisters, and an auntie Jill", she's a part of our family. 
Her blessing to us is something we don't want to forget, so I'm writing it down. She pitched in willingly whether it was scrubbing a pot, running an errand, cooking, picking up the house, and babysitting countless times. Morning, noon, and night. 


She was a cheerful and patient playmate with the kids, a friend and companion to me, and another conversationalist for Andy (he likes conversation).

We know she will now be a blessing in my brother and his wife's home. It's good she now has a normal bedroom with no basement creatures to haunt her while she sleeps. But if she ever needs a new pad, crazy as this one might be, she's always welcome back.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful pics. I didn't realize your sis lived with you - sweet memories, I am sure.

Nate Madden said...

I know you will miss her - she is so sweet!

The picture with the steps down to the leaves is incredible.

Kim & Dave said...

I didn't know she had lived with you, either! What special times for you & your kiddos!!!

bandanachick said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope the change goes smoothly for all of you.