11/01/2009












 We recently spent some time at my favorite camp, Story Book Lodge, in northern MN. Sadly, I still don't have my family convinced of it's wonders. Chloe said the best thing we did was sleep. I'd like to think that's because we slept in the shoe cabin which the kids were pretty pumped about. Mostly they just didn't have room in their hearts to love a camp with no cousins and familiarity and swimming pool. Someday...
We appreciate the tireless work they do for the gospel and encouraging Christians. This camp was a huge part of my childhood and teenage years, not to mention Andy and my introduction. So the pine and wood burning smells, made from scratch meals and beautiful sites will always make me thankful for this place and it's part in my growth in Christ.

7 comments:

HopiQ said...

Oh, you are bringing back so many memories with your posts! I would love to introduce my husband and kids to the joy and fun of Storybook someday.

Michelle said...

I miss Storybook! It's sad that we live so far away, maybe one day we can go back. Nice job on the pictures.

Jacqueline said...

Aaahh, Storybook. So many memories, and such a beautiful place, even if a bit rustic, to renew ones weary soul.

bandanachick said...

Oh, fun pictures! I have never been there or even seen pictures of Storybook, so its so fun to finally see some. Looks beautiful!

On Second Street said...

I love your pictures. Isn't it funny how you love the camp you are used to? I have visited a few over the years but SBL always has first place in my heart!

Kim & Dave said...

I knew as soon as I saw the shoe where you went, even though I have only been once!

They sure have been faithful in sharing the gospel there, haven't they?

Rachel said...

I've only been there once - to a winter retreat - so I never saw this side of SBL. Beautiful!

Can you tell me how you are getting your pics so big? I LOVE that!