11/11/2009

From the Kitchen


This sunflower is growing outside my kitchen window. 
It's a surprise amidst it's dead surrounding especially since it was never deliberately planted - just showed up.

 I thought I'd throw up (oops, not literally, but sometimes I still feel like it) my menu for the week.
This will probably last us over a week since it's pretty jam-packed.

Breakfasts
Granola
Bagels
Cereal
Oatmeal
Malt O Meal
Pancakes

Lunches
Leftovers
Sandwiches
Quesadillas

Dinners
(this is my first time using Whole Food's recipes)
  • Ginger Squash Soup/ Orange you Glad Salad/ Sweet Biscuits
(all from my Two Sister's cookbook)
  • Creamy Pasta with Broccoli & Ham/ Apple-Walnut Vinaigrette Salad
(Pasta- from M.S.'s Everyday Food magazine/Salad- toss in whatever)
(company)

Extra's
Megan's granola
Pumpkin Spice Whoopies
(I love NieNie, btw)



Whew! I think I over-planned, but oh well, it must mean my appetite is coming back.
Happy Eating!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum! I think I may have to try some of your recipes!

Shawna said...

I love nie nie too! We've really enjoyed her recipes.

I need to dig out my two sisters cookbook, I think it must be in a box I haven't seen yet!

I've been pleased with the WF recipes we've tried - it has been a while though.

Michelle said...

Yum!! I'm going to try those Pumkin Spice Whoopies...they look sooo good!

On Second Street said...

thanks for looking my menu plans for the week look pitiful.I wish I lived closer b/c I would just wander over to your house right around dinnertime.

jenica said...

I'd love to have you over Naphtalie!

FYI:
Chick Polenta was super easy and yummy. I used cornmeal instead of polenta - worked great.
so far the Ravioli had mixed reviews (Andy loved, I liked. I think I'll make it more of a cream sauce nxt time. The dish is a bit time involving.)

We loved the Turkey burgers.

Everything else is on my menu for this week.

Shawna said...

I wondered about that ravioli! I thought to myself, she is feeling *REALLY* good to think about taking that on!

Glad to hear the review of the chicken and polenta - I want to try it. I've never made polenta before.

Shawna said...

Have you tried NieNie's salmon burgers? Our aldi sells the patties, and then we use toasted orowheat sandwhich thins and follow her recipe. SO YUMMY! And quick and easy.

jenica said...

Shawna,
I can't really trust myself to critique food still. Most things just don't taste good...it's getting better though. My friend had a similar ravioli dish at a restaurant that she said was to die for.

Ok, I'll try NieNie's salmon burgers - anything easy and good is a winner!

Uhh, and how did women plan a menu before the internet?