7/30/2007

Piece of Cake

"Try these fruity ice cream cakes - or dream up your own! Mix the fruit with softened ice cream and layer with slices of cake in a round cake pan or loaf pan line with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least two hours."

2 cups Fruit + 2 pints Ice Cream + 1 Store-bought Cake

blueberries + vanilla i.c. + lemon pound cake

pitted cherries + vanilla fudge i.c. + chocolate pound cake

raspberries + coffee i.c. + vanilla angel food cake

sliced peeled peaches + butter pecan i.c. + sour cream coffee cake

sliced bananas + dulce de leche i.c. + banana loaf cake

This is taken from Everyday with Rachael Ray

6 comments:

Eryn said...

so what do you do with this? put it together somehow or just pile it in a bowl and eat it? either way sounds yummy.

Kari said...

What a neat idea! I'll be sure to try them all at different times.

jenica said...

Oh my! Sorry Eryn it did have more specific directions! I edited it.

Ruth said...

Haha! I read this earlier and thought, hum I wonder what you are suppose to do with it.
This sounds yummy though...I will have to try it.

jenica said...

I also couldn't get it to line up right - in columns.
So maybe it just doesn't make sense at all!

Michelle said...

ALL of them sound good...I thought pound cake was a southern thing?? I dont know if I eaten the real pound cake before I met Scott. His grandma always has pound cake with vanilla ice cream and peaches for dessert when we visit them...so good.