12/23/2011

As a mother, I know what it's like to be preparing and anticipating the birth of a child. At the end of those 9 months, there is excitement amidst fear and preparation all-consuming. Just a year ago at this time, I was due with Elim and Mary was often on my mind. My heart was full of the life I was carrying, but what would it be like to mother the Savior of the world?

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water? 
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters? 
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new? 
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man? 
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand? 
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod? 
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.

The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again. 
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.

Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation? 
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations? 
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb? 
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.    
~Mark Lowry



As I am packing, wrapping, baking, mothering and all those Christmas preparations, may I prepare my heart with purpose, joy, calm and hope. May I prepare to receive the gift that Mary did.



3 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Amen Sister. What a wonderful gift we've been so freely given. Such grace and mercy, so undeserved by us!

I have 2 February and 1 January 3rd babies. I too have thought so often of Mary during this advent season. What an example she is to us.

Love your paperwhites! I love them, kinda strong smelling if I recall. I think I did in canning jars with river stones and just water. No dirt. Just water touching the bulbs.

Elizabeth. said...

The words to that song have been a blessing to me, too...thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Blessings,
Elizabeth

jenica said...

I love the paperwhites, too, but I agree the smell is not great. I think I am ridding of them today because of that. They are in our dining room window, so trying to eat with that aroma.... ugh. Sad.