1/27/2009

An Apple for the Teacher

.

Chlo: Let's play school. You try to guess what I'm drawing.
Me: Ok. Uhhh, it's a girl
C: no.
Me: It's a mom
C: no.
Me: It's a flower.
C: no.
Me: it's a lizard
C: no, Mooooommm. It's totally pink.
Me: a bug
C: hummph, no it's purple and pink with white stripes.
Me: a cute little girl
C: no. she has a black face.
Me: a flower
C: you already said that, feeeww....fine, one more clue, she stands like this and doesn't move at all. (Standing up with arms at her side.)
Me: a statue
C: Yes! A statue. I guess that was a too hard for you.


Me: Do you like being a teacher? Don't you think I'm good at guessing?
C: Mom, I guessed it.

I thought to myself, 'Yep, girly, it's not always easy being the teacher'.

And then I remembered an apple I got from one of my students today.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

How funny! I'm assuming that the apple came to you that way... :o)

Em said...

I can totally relate!!! That is so funny! I read it to Anabelle, and she didn't get it--I wonder why? Yeah, it is hard being a teacher. Maybe, I should make A be the teacher for the day.

Anonymous said...

Chloe's guessing games are fun. I have been a part of a few myself. Hats off to teaching lil chillens.

Marcie said...

Haha! That is just too funny. Sweet little ones you have, I miss those dear ones!

Kim & Dave said...

Cute story!!!

Kids just crack me up!!!

Caleb and Anna said...

So cute!