2/28/2011

1000 gifts ~ room for him


23. change of plans: a boy, not a girl
24. colors of strong trees: green, brown, yellow, orange



25. loving her always
26. holding him closer because of her



27. remembering, never forgetting:
     28. a Shepherd in the wilderness
     27. His timing
     29. claiming promises personally
     30. He is not a problem-solver, but a heart-communer
 31. my hope lies not in a baby, but in the person of Christ
32. precious gain through loss
33. the Word of God~a letter to the soul



34. knowing it was a boy, even before I knew
35. hearing His voice
36. peace that calmed doubt & fear
36. being sure that I would hold him alive


38. eyes that open wide & blue
39. todays first smiles & coos
40. a healthy set of baby lungs


41. colic remedies: apple cider vinegar, gripe water, dairy-free diet, chiropractor, digestive enzymes
42. patient Daddy
43. baby buns



44. fabric from my friend's G'ma "Honey"
45. Goodwill finds


46. a big brother who doesn't mind sleeping on a traveling mattress 
47. all those stuffed animals
48. the way Cade nurtures 


49. seeing daisies in my everyday
50. placing all my babies in His arms
51. He can be trusted through valleys, mountaintops, wilderness, desert




I've joined Ann at Holy Experience with many others in expressing gratitude to God, the giver of all good things. 

7 comments:

Shawna said...

beautiful post, jenica!

On Second Street said...

what a beautiful nursery. and we do have so much to be thankful for.

Sarah said...

Moffits,
What a beautiful quilt the baby room is so cute. Did you make that quilt?


From,
Sarah

Rachel said...

Precious thoughts.

I love how the Lord works in us and in our lives. Sometimes it seems like we learn to feel even deeper, because of the pain He walks us through.

Enjoy that sweet boy, colic and all. My colicky one is now a kid who never sits still for one second, and yet is sooo smart....his brain is just going a mile and minute. My mom always said that he was fussy b/c being a newborn was too boring for him. Knowing him now, it makes me wonder. ;)

Caleb and Anna said...

Jenica- I would agree with Rachel on the cholic part. Bryson just couldn't wait to communciate and coordinate his own muscles, and was so sensitive to changes in light, sound or routine. Now he is as smart and energetic as ever but with a sensitive and caring heart, which is so precious, I think especially in a boy. Nothing worked for his cholic, it just took patience, love and time! The white room is so refreshing. Enjoy every moment!

Anonymous said...

Love the perspective. I needed that today. And I gotta get me some gripe water....

Kim & Dave said...

Beautiful!!!