2/15/2011

1000 gifts

1000 Gifts on my bedside table is prompting me to make a list. 
(Along with my friends ~ ShawnaRachel & Hope.) 
Counting His gifts of thanksgiving in my day.
Seeing God in everything, right where I'm at.
Knowing the joy that gratitude brings.

And in my morning reading:
"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name." Heb 13:15


1. a spring musical in the making
2. sisters: all 5
3. a challenge to offer to God first-fruits, not leftovers
4. Noah Thomas: a 10 day younger cousin

5. a husband who continually serves
6. soft rise and fall of a newborn sleeping close
7. creative messy play everyday 

8. three kids accomplishing chores consistently
9. homemade baby gifts
10. p.e. class for pent up children, especially the boy
11. swaddling and pacifiers for a fussy baby

12. 3 homeschool families in the neighborhood
13. a valentines date at the Cottage...pearls
14. 6ft. snowman whose nose got broke off for a snack

15. meals still coming to my doorstep
16. adventurous parents 
17. little boy galloping on a stick horse, asking earnestly if it's made with a real horse's head
18. easing back into my kitchen
19. homemade valentines only rule

20. this old house
21. newborn baby breath
22. muddy floors & boots



5 comments:

Kari said...

Those two boys could be brothers,wow! So precious, thanks for the sweet pics and thoughts. I miss you friend. Hope to see you soon.

Rachel said...

Good to hear your update...I love the "easing back into my kitchen" part. ;)

Malaika M said...

Wow! This is really making me look forward to start reading my copy of this book!!

Rachel M said...

I love your idea, and it reminded me today to be thankful!

Anonymous said...

p.s. - Can't wait to see little Elim...please tell him not to grow any bigger until we get there! :)