1/22/2011

Details


More photos by Rebekah 





Six days after my due date, we went to the hospital after a decent night's sleep. The doc broke my water, but there was no fluid... strange. It is good I went along with the induction because I was tempted to wait it out. Contraction came around noon and Elim arrived at 4:30 pm. I got the blessed epidural before the contractions became too terrible. 15 minutes of pushing and he was in our arms. There were a couple hiccups when baby's heart rate dropped and the placenta took forever to detach in which I almost passed out, but overall it was a great vbac birth. We are so thankful.





7 comments:

HopiQ said...

Precious, so precious. So thankful for this new little life. You are a beautiful mommy. I'm so thankful for you.

Rachel said...

Love these pictures. What a blessed little guy. Sounds a bit scary at the end there, but the Lord's care over your life (and his) is obvious. Thank you for posting pics, Jenica...it is so good to see and hear how you're doing!

Kim & Dave said...

Beautiful, beautiful baby! So thankful everything went well!

Sarah said...

Moffits,
Elim look soooo cozy:D



From,
Sarah

Katy said...

Praise the Lord! He is precious! I can't wait to meet him! What an incredible family God gave him! I also love his name. So happy for you and hope to see you soon!

Elizabeth. said...

Elim is so precious! A true gift from God! So nice to meet him on Sunday. =)

Blessings!
Elizabeth
P.S. Beautiful photos, too--they capture the precious sweetness beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jenica and Andy.
Prasie the Lord for a safe delivery!

Phyllis Nienhuis