1/15/2010



Naked she came from my womb and naked shall she return there. The Lord gave her to us and the Lord has taken her away, blessed be the name of the Lord. In all this, let us not sin or charge God with wrong. 
(Job 1:21-22 paraphrased)





It was a beautiful 2 degree day. Both of our families huddled together, sharing words of comfort and hope. I could say SO much, for there has been so much fullness in our emptiness, and glimmers of joy in our sadness. Every time I wrestle with the Lord on taking her, He gently wins. He reminds me that in acceptance lieth peace.
I can testify that in my sorrow and loss He has been my "El Shaddai", 'the God who is Enough'. Each time when my heart aches more than I think I can bear, He comes with soothing relief.


"O Lord, you have searched me and known me, You understand my thought afar off and are aquainted with all my ways. You have hedged me behind and before and laid Your hand upon me. Even Your hand shall lead me and  Your right hand shall hold me. Even the night shall be light about me." Ps. 139


"He is not all we would ask for (if we were honest), but it is precisely when we do not have what we would ask for, and only then, that we can clearly perceive His all sufficiency. Is is when the sea is moonless that Lord has become my Light." Elisabeth Elliot

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Psalms 39 He does understand each thought and He does care. Continually in my prayers. Phyllis Nienhuis

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all that the Lord is doing in your family, Jenica. We have been praying for you. We may never understand (on earth) why our Heavenly Father chose a pathway for us that we would not have picked for ourselves. But isn't it wonderful to trust the One who holds all things in His hands! Including your sweet little one. We look forward to meeting her one day! Love to you!

Marcie said...

Oh Jenica, I am weeping with you as you miss your precious baby girl. What a beautiful site - all those balloons rising in the sky. I just love that verse from Matthew. It is a beautiful picture to imagine all these little ones that have gone ahead of us filling the Lord's kingdom. Continuing to pray for you as you miss your little Daisy. Love you all!

Rachel said...

I have started to post a comment on your blog so many times, and every time, words just fail me. My heart breaks for you guys. Every time I think about you and little Daisy, I can't help but cry. Such a hard loss, to loose an unborn babe.

We are praying that your faith will not fail in this difficult time. Thank you so much for sharing how the Lord is supplying your needs - it is such a testimony to Him, and encourages us all to cling to Him too. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

we're praying for you guys and aching with you.
love to you,
jenny keane

On Second Street said...

Just wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you and praying for you.

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Oh Jenica those words from Job have been on my heart this week as well. I have been lifting you up in prayer along with my brother and his wife as they lost their little Carter, Dec 8th. He was almost the same size as your Daisy. I just love her name. May the Lord continue to fill your arms with His love and comfort.

ilona said...

my heart goes out to you all. the loss of a child leaves a rare and intensely personal marker in a family. i love the elizabeth eliot quote and can attest that she got it right.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Simply. Beautiful.

Robin said...

It is so encouraging to see you clinging to the Lord in spite of your heartache, Jenica. I will continue to pray that He will comfort your heart as only He can. Love you, friend - wish I could hug you today <3

Sara said...

Jenica, thank you for sharing your about your beautiful memorial service. We pray that the Lord will continue to comfort you, and that you will know His peace.