1/20/2010



 I suspect daisies might start being my jewelry box's favorites. I have my eye on these little numbers.


Andy has had the name Daisy in mind forever for our next girl. We tossed around a few other girl names, but kept coming back to Daisy. Really, she has always been Daisy.

We hardly entertained the fact that she might not be our Daisy here on earth, our hope didn't die until she did. So, her middle name had to mean "warrior", she was going to make it. She was going to be just like my mom, strong and faithful. My mom who told us from the very beginning that God is faithful. Plain and simple, yet if you knew more of her life and the hardships she's gone through, "God is faithful" testifies of much more. My mom is a warrior and even in our battle she was there fighting with us faithful to the Lord's plan. Daisy Lou.

Her name will mean different things at different times, but a daisy will never be the same to us again. We love how it is a happy and everyday flower. Right now, our house is filled with bunches and bouquets of them. As they start to wither we take them to that little mound of dirt to lay atop and cry some tears.


13 comments:

Kelly said...

I don't have words to express my sorrow for you in the midst of this pain. My heart is encouraged as I see you resting in the faithfulness of our God and I pray for you upon every remembrance! I won't ever be able to look at a daisy again without thinking of your sweet baby girl!

Marcie said...

I just love the name Daisy. It is beautiful. The flower will never be the same to me either. Every time I see one I will think of your little Daisy in heaven with our Lord. Continuing to pray for you all.

Michelle said...

This made me cry Jenica...my heart is grieving for you and your loss. We are praying for you and the family...

Rachel C said...

So touching Jenica, and inspiring to us all. Praying for you still...

~ Rory ~ said...

Hi Jenica! Thank you for your continued willingness to open your heart as you journey down this path. I was reading your previous post the other day and couldn't get any words out, but of one thing I am certain and extremely thankful for...your willingness to share your heart and your faithfulness to lean upon the Lord during a this time has allowed us all to see a glimpse of the Lord Jesus that we would have missed otherwise. Thank you so much for this sweet gift you are giving all of us! We continue to pray for you, Andy and the kiddos. The fragrance of the Lord is upon you and it is beautiful! :o)

Sarah Huber Hadley said...

Such a beautiful name, and I'm glad you are able to see the beauty amidst the sadness. If you're interested in hearing more about God's faithfulness through loss, I would highly recommend the two following blogs:
http://badgersontheloose.com/ and http://mollypiper.com/ . I'll be praying for you, Jenica.

fouros said...

Thank you for your candor. I had daisies in my wedding. They are beautiful flowers...now a reminder of a beautiful baby girl you will hold again.

Sara said...

Oh, Jenica. I don't even know what to say. Daisy is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Still praying.

Eryn said...

i cant even imagine what you are going through, but i can see you trusting God, though not always understanding. a beautiful witness and testimony.
i will continue prayer through this suffering

Mrs. Mama said...

You brought tears to my eyes. God Bless your family.

jacqueline said...

Beautiful....touching....inspiring...heart wrenching....made me cry. Thanks for sharing. You are ever in my thoughts and prayers.

"Luke", "Princess Leia", and "Han Solo" said...

Jenica, I am so sorry. We are praying for you all as you hide in the comfort of Our Fathers love -- your transparency is such a testimony to all who know you of how we ought to live our lives... Thank you for sharing your beautiful Daisy with us and letting us grieve with you.
-Melissa Brewster

Christy said...

Jenica, This blog is just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. Your words are evidence of the faithfulness of our Lord. He is glorified in your words as you edify Christ in the midst of this valley. May God's grace continually be upon you. You have truly blessed me and inspired me to start blogging again and record all the ways the Lord blesses us through our joys and our sorrows.