6/04/2008

Itinerary Past & Future:

A bit wonderful &
a bit grueling
of a weekend.


Friday
night's wonderful pre-race pasta dinner- celebrating my wonderful 30 years on this earth- with wonderful friends.



Grueling 5:15 alarm buzz. Wonderful sunshiny day. Grueling 20K race a.k.a. Dam to Dam. Wonderful to cross that finish line. I think it might be wonderful to do another grueling 1/2 marathon....?
.

Ok, enough with the word grueling and wonderful. It's about to get annoying.

Saturday Daddy and Cade put their tools to work on our new pop-up camper. (I'd post a pic of it, but it's really ugly. We still like it.) It's now packed and ready to head to the mountains.

Meanwhile, I took the girls to watch some little friends in a ballet recital. Noah's Ark meets ballet, so cute.

Sunday morning promised to be beautiful, despite our aching bodies. Since we all happened to coordinate for church (don't worry this never happens), I made everyone get some pics.





"Mama, I picked these flowers for you" Snap. Oh, little boy, you melt my heart.

The Mr. and I spent a lovely Monday and Tuesday in Minneapolis. On birthday business and real business. He took me to a the 112 Eatery. A yummy birthday dinner, except for the veal thymus gland.

We are home today and tomorrow
until 6pm when we head to CO for a visit of old friends and more camping - real camping - in the mountains.

Time
to unpack and repack.

16 comments:

Mrs.A said...

Happy birthday, Sweetie!

30 already? Wow! It seems like just a few days ago that you were a high school teenager in my classes. Boy, do I feel old!

Congratulations on completing the race. Hope you have a fun trip to Colorado.

HopiQ said...

I just love the family picture!!! Thanks for sharing all the gruel and wonder with us. :)

Michelle said...

Cute family picture:) Congrats on the marathon!

bandanachick said...

Wow, I still can't believe that you ran a 20K...not that I think you couldn't do it...but wow, that is SO long.
Rachel shared your email with me about running (hope thats okay :))so I've been doing that 10K training like she is...that seems so far fetched to me, to be able to run that. But so far so good, love those first few weeks! :)
Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had a good one.

Kari said...

I love the family photo too!
Great pics and news this week. We'll miss seeing you all while you are in CO. Hope you have lots of fun and enjoy those beautiful MTNS.

Rachel said...

Way to go! You are an inspiration to me!

Hope you enjoy your trip...sounds like a blast!

Kim & Dave said...

Can't wait to see you guys!!!

We will need to chat about the running when you come!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on completing a 20k! Awesome!

Williams' Family said...

I just want to know how you had time before church to take pictures! That would NEVER happen in this house!

Rachel C said...

You are great motivation, that is awesome you completed a 20k. I thought a 5k was a distance run! Your family is so cute, have fun camping!

Robin said...

Awesome pictures, Jenica! If you have a chance, call on your way through Denver, we'd love to see you 303-471-1961

Caleb and Anna said...

I love your dress! Where did you find it?
Anna

Rachel C said...

Tag again, not that you seem busy or anything.

Eryn said...

wow! where do i start? happy birthday....great job on the marathon....lovely family....lucky you going to colorado!

voni said...

How fun to catch up on your family!!! The all have grown since I checked in last. Loved seeing you extended family too!!

jenica said...

Nicki - we took pictures after church.

Anna - I got the dress for 6.49 at Target.

Just to clarify, it was a 1/2 marathon(and a slow one), not a whole.

Rachel, thanks, I'll get on that tag. ;)