1/12/2008

Out to the countryside.












The kids and I took a day to go up north to make "housecalls" in the country - all within a 4 mile radius. Dad and every other farmer were in a planting frenzy. The John Deers were chugging every where you looked.

The pictures are not telling of every visit...

The first visit was Mom and Josie. We helped (minimally) tear up the kitchen linolum preparing for wood floors to be installed.


Next we visited Wayne M. in the nursing home. Leyla and Chloe decked out with a pigtail wig and a sunflower headpeice. I was encourging to see this elder man still persevering in the Lord and reflect on the godly legacy he has left here on earth.


Back for lunch with Mom and Josie.


We all went over to my Grandpa's who is back for the summer from Arizona. There is talk of putting his acrege up for sale. Sad talk. I have so many memories there. My favorite is the playhouse that my Grandma, cousin, and I spent hours creating. I am amazed now that she let us furnished it with an abundance of antiques. A pictures above


Last we got to visit the Young's 3 generation house swap! The Granparents in to town, parents from one farm to the other and the "young" Young family from town to the farm.

No comments: