1/25/2008

If I see me looking like Jezebel...

This is the first time I've posted a picture of coupon-saving-loot, but I am hoping that if you haven't taken advantage of this Walgreen's deal, you will - BEFORE TOMORROW. Saturday is the last day. And those of you who are new to using coupons and need some make- up, this one is for you. It's very simple.

4 bags Cheddar Cheese - .99 ea. with in store coupon
2 boxes Vics Puffs - .99 ea. with Buy1Get1free manufacturer coupon
16 Jane cosmetics - Free! B1G1 sale, 16 $2 man. coupon, 2 $2 EasySaver coupon
Total before coupons: 82.43 (Yes, original prices here are high.)
Total after coupons: 7.10

Steps for beginners:
1) Print as many of these $2 off coupons for Jane cosmetics - 1 for ea. item you wish to get. (I had 16!)

2) Go to you nearest Walgreens.

3) Find Jane cosmetics which are on sale Buy One Get One Free.

4) If you want to get them close to free pick the ones that are in the $3-$5 range.

5) Check out and give cashier a coupon for each item.

Caution: if you think you may get a negative balance after coupons, throw in a cheap item from a bin around the checkout

(Opt. if you want mascara and even more of a discount find the tiny Easy Saver catalog at the entrance of the store and use the coupon inside for Jane Mascara, along with the printed manufacture coupons.)

Note: Lipgloss and eyeshadow would make nice little gifts.

These deals are compliments of Money Saving Mom!

6 comments:

Eryn said...

hmmm, my walgreens did not have some of those deals this week.kleenex was on sale, but not the vicks stuff, which i did have a coupon for.

jenica said...

My kleenex coupons didn't match the sale either. I wanted to try the Vicks though. They will definitely clear your sinuses.

voni said...

Good Job!!!! you sound like me;)

Em said...

too bad they don't have Walgreens in "the middle of nowhere", Wyoming. I'd totally be there! Good job--I like to think of shopping as a game, too. Micah always asks, "Did you win?" when my shopping trip is over.

fouros said...

Jenica,
Hi it's Amanda (Nate's sister). Rachel referred me to your coupon advice. Where do I get the Walgreens coupons? Can I just pick them up inside the store? Thanks! Love your blog! :-)

Caleb and Anna said...

Great job Jenica! By the way, I finally did my "tag" -you can check it out on my blog. -A