1/14/2008

I found the perfect Bible reading plan for me this year. It's a 2 year plan. The one year plans have always overwhelmed me and I find myself skimming through just to fit all the reading in, thus hardly retaining anything. I'm excited about this less strenuous schedule and hope to put more meditation into my reading.

I recently read about Noah who pleased God. Noah was a just man, blameless, and found grace in the eyes of the Lord. It makes you wonder how was he that way? And how can I be that way? Well, Noah walked with God. (Gen. 6) Noah was aware of God's presence because he walked with him each day.

This reminded with one of my goals this year: to acknowledge how the Lord is present in each of my days. I want notice Him. And I think if I notice Him, I will naturally thank Him.

"Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence. Ps. 140:13
"You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures for evermore." Ps. 16:11


My husband encouraged me this past Christmas season with the thought of Christ coming to earth and being called Immanuel meaning "God with us". God is here. God is present. He is in my home. I have total access. I can walk in the presence of God.

7 comments:

April said...

I was just thinking this morning about how every time I attempt to read the Bible through in 1 year that I fail and that I should try to divide it up into 2 years. Thank you.

Rachel said...

I have struggled with that very thing! Right now I am doing a 3 year program that goes through the OT once and the Psalms and Proverbs and Epistles multiple times, for more practical encouragement. I have really liked it so far. You will have to let us know how you like yours.

I know what you mean about noticing the Lord in our everyday lives. It seems like sometimes all it takes is a choice - the choice to look up from the mundane things and pay attention. Of course He is always there, and yet it surprises me daily, how much He is working in my life. My husband is good about reminding me of these things too. :)

The other thing I have noticed is that when I choose to do my day to day activies for HIM, knowing He is watching, my day has so much more meaning. And this is especially encouraging for the woman at home, I think, to see that she can serve the Lord as her job! It's encouraging to ME anyway. :)

HopiQ said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Jenica. Daily Bible reading is something I struggle to make time for...pretty much daily! I will check out the two-year-plan.

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing, Jenica. I think is a very practical solution to help us be faithful to reading the Bible through! Who said we had to do it in one year anyways!? :-)

PS..I tagged you!

bandanachick said...

Great thoughts Jenica.
I am doing the 2 year plan, starting this year too. I like it so much better. It already has been such a blessing. It WAS so easy to skim through when you have so much to read.

Grace Powell said...

I am doing a 1 year plan, but perhaps I will fall back to this one. It seems impossible to find time to catch up if you miss a day. Thanks for sharing, and thank me for what I didn't share in this comment.

Kim Ferguson said...

I am so thankful I just read this...I have been trying to keep up with the one year and I always fall behind! I am excited to have a new plan to attempt!

thanks