9/17/2007

We had this last night for dinner. Yes, dinner, it was Sunday! Very yummy.
Baked Oatmeal
3 cups rolled oats
3/5 cup brown sugar
2 t ground cinnamon
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 t vanilla extract
3/4 cup cranberries
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread into a 9x13 inch pan.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.

Next time I may substitute apple sauce for the butter, honey for the sugar, and flax seed mixture for eggs = healthier

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds yummy!

Scott and Lynn said...

Cranberries sounds so much better than raisins - that's how I've always had it. Did your kids like it too? I'm thinking I'd like to try it with blueberries :)

Scott and Lynn said...

I forgot to ask - when you make those substitutions, do you use equal amounts?

Michelle said...

Sounds really good Jenica...if only my husband liked to eat that healthy!

jenica said...

Lynn, we usually put craisans in our normal oatmeal. My kids loved this (baked), but they love oatmeal. I bet it would be so good with blueberries or any berries. Yes, I think the actual measurements would be right for substitutions. (Eggs: 1/4 c. egg beaters or 1/4 c. ground flax seed/water mixture = 1 egg.)

Brooke said...

Sounds yummy. How is it leftover?

jenica said...

Great leftover! We put milk on it either way.
Just so ya know, this is not creamy oatmeal. It's soft and a little crusty which I like much better.

jenica said...

I just made it this morning with the substitutions and I really can't tell the difference. Maybe if I tasted the two in the same sitting I could...