9/13/2007

Do you ever have an idea, move forward with it and then stop?


Unfortunately I do this too often. These are materials for two different projects that have come to a halt. I am posting this to give myself a kick in the pants. Sooooo in the near future, I WILL have these projects done and reveal the results. "Near future" not good enough? Ok, October 1st!
Any guesses on what they might become?
#1 This was in my Grandpa's shed.

#2 The solid fabrics have been in storage for 5 years. The floral I picked up at Goodwill.

4 comments:

Grace Powell said...

Good luck with that. I can't count the fabric scraps and misc. projects I've been carrying around with me for years! I have fabric for curtains in every room in the house. My average from conception to completion is about 5 years! Maybe your success will motivate me.

Rachel said...

Yes, I am curious to see what you are using the door for!

Jonathan said...

My dad finds old windows for me too. I've painted on a few, and there's one I put over our piano that I put family pictures in. I cut out wallpaper scraps from a sample book, taped them on the glass, then put a photo in that was slightly smaller than the wallpaper (so it looks matted). I can't wait to see what you do with it!
-Sara (Crandall)

Anonymous said...

Jennica,

It's Victoria from Seattle!!! I found your blog. I found your sister's too, Jo showed it to me when I was visiting. You both are very talented and creative. I wanted to tell you that some of my projects end up like yours too I start. and then full stop! Right now I'm not getting Brendan's room repainted and I have all kinds of things fromn IKEA shelves, and pictures to hang. I'm guessing that the shed door looks like a frame for pictures of your gorgeous family! I guess you could find a way to hook it to the wall! It was good seeing you all in July wish it was for longer! God Bless!