9/19/2007

The difference of a Merry Heart

(1) Proverbs 17:22

(2) Proverbs 12:4

(3) 1 Corinthians 11:7

(4) Proverbs 31:10

(5) Proverbs 18:22

A wife who causes shame to her husband is like rottenness to his bones (2). For a broken, downcast spirit dries up the bones (1). Who can find an excellent wife, a virtuous wife, a wife of valor? He who finds her finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord (5). She is a crown to her husband (2), he safely trust in her (4). Her merry heart does good like healing balm, health and life (1). For woman is the glory and beauty of man (3).

I took a little liberty here by putting these challenging Scriptures together. Hope that's ok. I better ask my husband.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

excellent! and a very good reminder, thanks.

Scott and Lynn said...

Hey - I was studying this today! Thanks for sharing - it's such a big encouragement to see others working towards this goal also. Seeing this portrayed in the lives of other godly women really pushes me on and encourages me :)

Rachel said...

yes, we can have such an influence, can't we? Our attitudes really set the tone...I've certainly noticed that in my own home. Thanks for the reminder!