4/13/2007

"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live"
Deuteronomy 30:6
This verse blessed me this morning by looking at it personally:
"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart"
Take my heart and purify it. Make it compliant with Yours.
"and the heart of your descendants"
Take my children and do with them what You want. Cause their hearts be turned toward You.
"to love the Lord your God with all you heart and with all your soul"
Let our hearts and souls be undivided. Wholly and joyfully Yours.
"that you may live"
What a promise! True living is all my heart given over to You. A heart given to anything else is emptiness and death.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I really like this verse and your thoughts on it. I was especially struck by, "Take my heart and purify it. Make it compliant with Yours. and Take my children and do with them what You want. Cause their hearts be turned toward You." What other hope do we have, than our heart turned over completely to Him?

Rachel said...

I appreciated those thoughts, Jenica. Encouraging to remind ourselves that REAL living is only to be found in a heart that is willing to obey the Lord.

HopiQ said...

Beautiful thoughts!

marti said...

I have prayed similar requests for my children. And still do. It is very painful at times to see the Lord do whatever it takes to draw ones heart to Him. I have seen great blessing though from giving them without reservation to Him. I wouldn't trade the pain for the joy that it brings in the end.