3/01/2007

If you haven't already heard...part 2

My last post was telling how the Lord has blessed us with expecting another baby.
Now I have news of how the Lord has blessed us with taking that baby to heaven.
What I feel is that someone stole something that was mine, a precious possession. Small and unknown as it was, the hope of growth and presence has been taken away.
But I find comfort in what I know. That thief who took my child actually had every right to. He is a gracious heavenly Father who loved this child more than I did or ever will. I find peace in knowing that I was a vessel used to place this baby in perfect arms and in a perfect place.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Is. 55:8&9
"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21
If you haven't read Marcie's blog, do. Her experience has ministered to me through this. I have thought of her often. The longer you carry a child the heavier the loss would be, so I must say I only have experienced a small taste of her pain. I am so thankful that Lord has used her as a testimony and encouragement to me.
Thank you all for your prayers.

10 comments:

Marcie said...

I was so sad to hear about your baby. I was praying for the Lord's grace that he would allow this precious one to live. And in a way He did, it is just at a different home and a different way than we would have chosen. My dad told me the other day, "If only we knew how much the Lord truly loves us..." I am praying that you will be shown this more and more as you go through this and that the God of all comfort will wrap His loving arms around you. Much love and prayers to you all.

Rachel said...

Oh Jenica, I'm so sorry to hear this...I'm emailing you right now. And praying for your comfort and encouragement too.

Alan said...

Life surely is a fragile thing. We're praying for you guys.

"What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer."

Eryn said...

jenica, i am so sorry and will be praying for you and andy.

Ruth said...

Oh Jenica! We are so sad for you and Andy both and will be praying for you guys during this time of loss.

HopiQ said...

Dear friend, my heart is aching for you. May the Lord keep you wrapped in His arms. You have my love and prayers.

Angie and Jason said...

Jenica,
I am sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you and Andy.
Angie

marti said...

Dear ones, this post is a testimony to the goodness of God. Sharing is healing and the Lord is working that healing in you. May He be your strength and shelter each day.

"For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory forever. Amen" Rom. 11:36

voni said...

Sorry to hear this my friend. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. It encouraged mine this morning even though on your part it was written with pain. May God continue to grant your soul His rest. Voni

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.