1/16/2007

We got some snow. Being January, this is rare to be the first big dump, usually it comes sooner. I love the snows that cover everything and make clean and sparkly.


This past weekend:
  • We did a family night out which included playing at the mall's squishy play ground, going to Costco, eating at Panera Bread.
  • I shopped at Old Navy's 50% off the clearance prices and got next winter clothes for the kids. The most I payed for any one item was $10 on a pair of boots! I got 2 winter coats $7 ea. It was exciting!
  • We went to the Y. Andy ran 12 miles Sat and Sun combined. =)
  • Caden and Leyla had fun playing in the snow. Chloe was content to stay in where it's warm and dry.
  • Andy and I attended another "Christmas" party for his office. He works with a great group of people and we are excited to keep getting to know them better.
  • We had over 20 vistors at our church Sunday. Great!
  • I sorted through a huge lot of books my mom gave me. I'm excited to read "Christy", "The Strong-Willed Child" ahem, "Musings of a Mother", "Evangelism for the Faint-Hearted" and "Abigail Adams".
  • Oh, yes and potty training. It's going ok, pretty good today. I blame it on myself for not staying home and focusing on it (that's what I did with Leyla and she was a sinch). I'm telling ya, it was great fun at church taking 3 kids to the bathroom 3 times over.
  • We enjoyed a yummy meal and "Loaded Question" game at friend's house.

9 comments:

Shawna said...

I hit the same sale at Old Navy!
Maybe our girls will have matching coats. :)

I love fun, busy weekends.

Angie and Jason said...

Your house is super cute!

"Evangelism for the Faint-Hearted" is great!

Have a great day :)
Angie

voni said...

Wish we had an Old Navy here! Sounds like you had a great weekend.
Which one of your children are strong willed? My youngest is. Another great book on this subject is Aarons way. I wrote about it on my blog:)

Rachel said...

Yes, that was a great sale, huh? I got jeans for my boys for $4.50, the ones I had been eyeing all season. :)

Eryn said...

your house is so beautiful! i love houses with charachter and yours looks like it has tons.

The Essons said...

Hey Jenica!

I enjoyed looking through your blog today (I found the link on Angie's blog) -your kids are so gorgeous!

Enjoy the snow -we're getting lots here too!

Steph

HopiQ said...

Sounds fun!

Your house is so cute! I love it! You should give us a "tour" sometime and share all your decorating tips. The new bathroom looks great!

Mrs.A said...

20 visitors? WOW! Are you guys still at Lake Country? We have 20 people total on a good day at Webster! Actually, we have been taking a number of college guys to church with us each Sunday. It has become an interesting ministry to disciple these boys. See my more recent blog entries for some details.

Rachel said...

So, are you going to share about your Walgreens experience? :) I'm dying to know!