11/07/2008

Since it's snowing outside as I write, I thought I'd tell you of a few things keeping me warm and smiling: (Because I could easily be grumpy. Winter just ended didn't it? Remember, we had a winter that was like no other. And the calendar still says it's fall!)
Anyways.

  • My darling is home from his 4 day business trip. My word, we missed him.
  • Leyla and I are making crafting things at the table. Like stitching whatever on a hooped piece of fabric. Also, making felt pretties like these.
  • The twins are napping. Enough said.
  • The mail man delivered a package containing 2 swimsuits. I paid $20 for them both and now they're even cheaper. Here's one and the other one must be sold out. Caution: you will have to sift through lots of ugly suits. (And if you can't wear a sz. 8 and up, too bad for you).
  • This verse: "This is what the Lord, Israel's king says, 'I am the first and I am the last, there is no God but me. Don't panic! Don't be afraid! Did I not tell you beforehand and decree it? You are my witnesses! Is there any God but me? There is no other sheltering rock, I know of none." Isaiah 43:5 Nothing can warm the soul like a God who has proved himself and will prove himself in the future. In this faltering world I have a believable and sheltering rock.
  • This photo: What a blessing to have nurturing God-instilling grandparents for our children. We were thankful for our weekend with them as we waved them down that long road to Arkansas. A weekend filled with zoo animals, breakfast out, a little clean up/dump from our big house project(more later). Lots of reading on the couch, a new back step, shopping for baby blanket fabric (haven't you heard?), football, & Kari's chocolate crinkle cookies. Not to mention, the best FALL weather.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

that is a great list of things to keep you warm and smiling!

I wondered if you were working on a big house project! Can't wait to see pics!

Kari said...

Can I come over? Sounds like a lot of fun at the Moffitt's house. Hope you are staying warm and dry today...and not blowing away in these winds. It certainly is feeling like winter now. Thanks for reminding me about those cookies, they sounds amazing right now. BTW, I have another recipe that I know you will love.

Rachel said...

Snow???? What in the world?! I am so sorry - sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy though.

bandanachick said...

Ah, I totally feel your pain! Our first snow fall was at the beginning of October...yuck!
I love your list of positive things though...