5/01/2008

Ready or Not Here We Come

We've never been more ready for spring. But where is it? It's May! And if spring doesn't come out from hiding soon, I just might need to make my first visit to a psychiatrist.

(This photo was take of the the posies that graced the grass in Tulsa, not here.)

  • Since it's May 1st that means somebody is going to be 6yrs. old tomorrow. Today we are decorating, baking, shopping, and planning.
  • We are now excited owners of a pop-up camper. Thus, 2 camping trips have been planned in the next month. One to the local lake and one to the mountains of CO.
  • Swimming lessons will surely make good swimmers in the hot months to come.
  • A tiny life is starting to grow. Or, to just put it simply: my sister is pregnant! Crazy. Yay, for the first neice or nephew on my side!
  • Pella's tulip festival is on the agenda for Saturday. I hope there's a tulip.
  • The academic weeks are coming to a close. The students are happy. And that has no reflection whatsoever on their teacher.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Sorry spring hasn't sprung yet :P You just need to come to Tulsa again when Heidi comes down. Hope Leyla has a great birthday tomorrow!

Em said...

I understand about the Spring thing. We woke up to a ground covered with snow! Aghhh! Hey, don't forget you can bring that camper over to Yellowstone, too. We're only an hour away, and we'd love to have you guys go with us sometime! Anabelle sends birthday wishes to Leyla!

Rachel said...

Yay for a cousin! Happy birthday to Leyla too!

I've missed you on here! Maybe spring will bring some inspiration - whenever it comes for you. :)

Kari said...

Happy BIRTHDAY Leyla!!!
Hope you have a great day. Let us know what you ended up getting and doing.
Whew, I almost thought you were announcing that you were pregnant...until I read on. Congrats to Julie and Dustin.

bandanachick said...

Happy Birthday to Leyla...Nate was pretty proud to share his birthday with her too. :)
So fun your sister is pregnant! I am sure your kids will love having another little cousin.

jenica said...

Kari, my mom thought I was announcing something, too. ;) Of course I would have told her before I put in on my blog...