11/11/2006

Since I said I would put up the "after" of the chair recover, here it is. Nothing special, but much more kid-eatable-on.

Andy and I are going on a date night tonight. Our dear neighbor is babysitting. This is not going to be a typical date, but I'm sure it'll be fun. We are going to serve food for a banquet at a homeless shelter in DSM. It's called Hope ministries and is a solid Christian evangelical organization. Their goal is to see people saved, not just provide for them physically. This is a banquet honoring the "graduates", who have had their lives changed spiritually and are now supporting themselves. Andy has done quite a bit with them, but this with be my first time. Afterwards we'll go out to eat.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hope you have fun together!

Anonymous said...

Let me know how it goes (I'm sure you will blog it). Service changes relationships, eh? Yours and those all around you. Glad you are extending yourselves out into the community.

Eryn said...

sounds like a fun and profitable date.
love the chair.