9/12/2008

The other morning I announced to the kids that we were going on our first field trip of the year. Chloe looked worried, "you're going to have to carry me, Mommy, because I don't like itchy grass."

She didn't know it, but she was actually right. We were going on a Farm Crawl Outing or a journey to three local farms.

Picket Fence Creamery

From their 80 jersey cows they offer natural and hormone-free milk, butter, ice cream, whipping cream, cheese curds, and beef.




Prairieland Herbs

I picked up some lovely vanilla lavender body mist made from their aromatic herb gardens.


Northern Prairie Chevre

They invite you to experience the marriage between the land and labor that is evident in their artisan cheeses.



And the other night...
"Mommy, your arm tastes like basil."

I suppose it's not too unusual for Caden to do something like lick my arm while I'm holding him... because he's a curious little boy.

Plus the fact he loves playing the part of "puppy dog" while his sisters play house.

I smiled at his silliness and then I remembered that vanilla lavender herbal spray I put on hours ago. No wonder.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Looks like a LOT of fun. I'm glad to see that you are getting out for some fun field trips. Reminds me of my younger years at home.

Mom To B and W said...

What a fun day of school. You are such a creative mommy!

Anonymous said...

haha...yay for field trips
i wish we did those in college

jenica said...

Just to clarify, I didn't organize this. We were tag-a-longs with our local homeschool group.

Marcie said...

HAHA! I loved the Basil comment :) I didn't even know those places existed up there, sounds like fun!

bandanachick said...

Wow, sounds like fun!
I love the basil comment too...such a funny boy.

~ Rory ~ said...

Your kids crack me up! This is such a fun age!