4/02/2008

Crossing and Stitching

Since I only have one more item to check off my cleaning schedule for the day, I have a little time on my hands. Unless you count the other list for all the extras that need to be accomplished. A woman's work is never done right?

Other facts influencing my free time feelings are: the kids are happily watching Little House on the Prairie. And because I have such a fondness of it myself, my normal tv guilt is at a minimum. Speaking of guilt and time, the kids will be eating Wednesday's cheap McD's happy meals for dinner en route Prayer Meeting. "Plan/make dinner" has a check by it.

A minute ago, I came SO close to lugging my wonderful, ancient, avocado-green, Kenmore sewing machine up from the basement. The machine my grandpa got me at and auction for $20 right after I got married. The at least 100lb. machine my poor husband pushed across the Denver airport in a umbrella stroller. But the humiliation was worth it because he paid $0 for a sewing machine that every new wife must have. And he didn't know it at the time, but pushing that blessed machine was a cinch compared to a screaming baby.

Oh! I have some sewing projects on the horizon. At least I want to have some if the "to do" lists ever end. I'm concluding that they won't, though, so it's one or the other - it's about making priorities:

  • den curtains in ivory burlap

  • felt hair clips for the girls (with their help)

  • spring couch pillow covers

  • and after 10 yrs., another quilt


These are gorgeous & free quilt patterns from Amy Butler Design.

Ok, who wants to make a quilt?!








Well, time is up and now I'm going to write "blogging" on my list....and then cross it off.









12 comments:

Brooke said...

I love everything Amy Butler! I wish her fabric wasn't so pricey... have you seen her new line? It's beautiful!

Kari said...

I would LOVE to make a quilt. Its been a LONG, LONG time since I last made one...I've possibly forgotten how. Thanks for the motivation!

Shawna said...

Love amy butler! An older lady at our chapel just started a sewing class and my girls and I are going. We learned how to make a bag last week, so much fun!

Kelly said...

Count me in! I keep saying I want to learn how to make a quilt but somehow it never makes it to the top of my list!! :-)

bandanachick said...

Haha you are so funny. I too write things on my list (after I have done them) just to cross them off.
Love the quilt patterns...very cool, I have a long list of sewing projects too though...Austin needs drapes for all this sunshine we are getting now!

Rachel said...

That made me laugh...it is so nice to see a few things crossed off, isn't it?

Robin said...

Yes, we're big fans of Little House here too - I almost cry with the sweetness and innocence of the kids :o) Makes for some great discussions! And I would LOVE to know how to quilt. Wish we were closer so you could bless me with some lessons!!

jenica said...

Lest you all be deceived, I am very much a beginner when it comes to quilting.

Michelle said...

I would love to do something like that but I am just not gifted when it comes to sewing/knitting...Good luck!

Eryn said...

my mom sewed for years. made us dresses, shorts, blankets. i always said i would never do it. now i wish she had made me learn. it seems everyone i know knows how to sew, except me. but that gives me an idea. maybe the women at my church could start a sewing class. i would love for my girls to learn too, as they grow.

Mom To B and W said...

Hi Jenica,
Hope you and your fam are well. I am planning to be in Des Moines next weekend and wondered how possible it would be to see you again! I completely understand how hard it is to coordinate schedules, but I thought if I am there I might as well try! We will be there Friday- Tuesday!
Love, Shayna

Robin said...

Jenica, we'd LOVE to see you! Please email or call
robin_elgard@yahoo.com