2/26/2008

We've been better.

Every couch and chair in this living room is occupied by a sickling. We've come down with the respiratory virus that Andy had... and is still not 100% after a week.

Chloe seemed fine this morning so we forced ourselves into the car to take her to gymnastics at 9 a.m. Although the roads were a bit treacherous after another snow storm, we made it. But, after much crying and emotional stress, Chloe chickened out of staying at class without her brother.

So back in the car. We were hungry, but nothing sounds good. Maybe a bagel at Panera bread? I pull up to the door and Leyla vomits down the front of herself. Lovely. I run in and get 4 bagels and a coffee. Homeward.

This day began suddenly with Andy bursting into the bedroom groaning in pain. He had smashed his finger in our neighbor's garage door after snow blowing. It's an old pull-down door and his finger was in the hinge of one of the panels. It was a struggle to get the door back up to get his finger out. His nail was already black and the tip of his finger swollen.

This is especially unfortunate since the thumb on his other hand has a pulled ligament from skiing. The doc said his cast/brace must be worn for 6 weeks.

Like Father like son: Yesterday Caden thought it would be a good idea to use a knife to cut his banana open, but instead sliced the tip of his finger. Lots of blood, I hope it didn't need stitches, I don't think it did. Poor baby.

We are a mess. Please don't drop by for a visit.

But! The sun is shining and the snow is glistening today! That is a definite mood lifter.

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, that sounds miserable! So sorry you're all sick, and the rest of your troubles don't sound very fun either. We can relate...this winter has been a hard one for sickness.

Hang in there!

Kari said...

I hate to hear all your troubles today. I thought it was bad enough with one little baby throwing up all over the place. Does Layla have the flu now too? Hope that Spring comes soon and all this sickness and snow go away. We all need a brake. Feel better soon.

bandanachick said...

Oh my! That does sound miserable. I can't imagine more than one sicky at a time. Austin has been sick since Friday, throwing up etc. I have done SO much laundry, not that I am caught up, he just seems to throw up on everything around him.
We will pray for you guys today!

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry that you all are sick. That's miserable. I'm home sick today, too, and will be out of work the rest of the week. Praying your family gets better soon..and, that Andy's appendages heal quickly!

jenica said...

Leyla doesn't have the stomach flu that I can tell. She has a head ache, fever, congestion. Along with it a weak stomach. I think she got overheated bundled up in the car with the heater cranked. I know my stomach doesn't feel right and I've almost lost it on a few occasions.
Poor Austin and Mama, too.
Kelly I hope you are on the mend!

HopiQ said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the sickies and accidents [ouch!]

It's just the pits! I hope you all will recover very soon. You are in my prayers. I'm glad the sun is shining and lifting your weary spirits!!!

Mrs.A said...

Hope you all are feeling much better soon. We have several students missing school these days due to illness. Can't wait until the weather is nicer so they can all spend time in the fresh air outdoors and get rid of all these nasty germs!

Nate Madden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

Sounds awful! I hope you are all on the mend. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh poor jenica!!! I sure hope you all get well soon. WE are fighting illness' here too.

Anonymous said...

That is ruff, sorry to hear all that! Hope things are better,

Abbey said...

I am sorry to hear that you all are sick! I know how you feel, last Saturday I took Michael to the Dr. & he had pneumonia, bronchitis, & the flu! It was aweful! Then two days later, Kam came down with strep!(then I think I got all of it at once!) Not a good week! I will be praying that you all get over it quickly!

Kim & Dave said...

Hope everyone is better by now!

SO READY for winter to be OVER!!!!