4/22/2006

lazy saturday morning

We've been hit with our share of the nasties this week. Jenica and the kids all had some kind of stomach bug and I have developed a nasty cold /allergies thing. It seems as though several people in our church were sick as well, so I suppose as they say it is going around.

Wednesday night at church we bought some home made bread from a girl at church that makes it. The kids had it with them in the back seat, and when we got home they had devoured almost half of two loaves. Chloe had torn through the middle of the sack, so they ate out the middle of two loaves of bread. What is they say, "when the kids are quiet - beware"?

I had to fly out and back to Columbus, OH on thursday. On the way there I was able to fly on our clients plane, but on the way back it was too full so I got bumped at the last minute and had to take commercial. Which was fine except it took an additional 3 hours to get back to Des Moines. It connected in Milwaukee, and the flight from Milwaukee to Des Moines was something else. It was the smallest commercial plane I have ever seen, and of course I had the worst seat on it. When I was walking towards the stairs to get on the pilot turned and looked out - she looked pretty young, maybe a bit older than Leyla. The funniest thing though was when they turned on the cabin air, the air was coming out so hard it felt like someone was blowing compressed air in your face. I think maybe the air conditioning system is where the plane got its propulsion. Anyway, there was a man about 4 seats in front of me who had one of those bald spot comb over doos - and when the air came on, it was blasting on him such that his hair lid flapped with the wind. Reminded me of thoses exhaust caps on diesel equipment.

It looks like I am going to have to pull out the lawn mower for the first time this year. Not a pleasant thought. Since my neighbor's husband died last year right before Christmas, I will be mowing their yard too. Its fun to be able to help her, and fortunately our yards are pretty small so it is pretty easy. Her husband had a riding lawnmower which I can use, but in my mind the yards are too small to make it worth it.

Jenica and the girls are going to a baby shower today for the new Crim baby, so I suppose I will do something manly like go to Home Depot with Caden and look at riding lawnmowers.

No comments: